Monday, March 5, 2007

An Inconvenient Truth - A wake up call

Last week, between diaper changes, my wife and I watched Al Gore’s “An Inconvenient Truth”. I must give a ‘high five” to Mr. Gore and his crew for creating such a thought provoking documentary. It truly is worth seeing ... actually I'd go so far as to say it is worth buying the DVD. If you haven't seen it and are interested you can check out the trailer for this 'fab' documentry.

This movie awoke a true sense of stewardship within me that I can’t seem to shake… yes I know that sound cheesy … but it is true. I think the reason that the Inconvenient Truth resonated so deeply with me is that I realized for the first time that the earth that I’ve grown up with for the past 30-something years will be profoundly different when my daughter Nèa is my age. Wow! This thought disturbs me greatly and I decided that I need to soften my footprint on the world and have made a promise to myself and that I will do a minimum of one thing each day to soften my footprint on our Earth. I figure that this commitment can be one of the greatest gifts that I give to Nèa because as the soulful John Mayer swings “Waiting for the world to change” may not help any longer, I need to help make the change.

No comments: